Thank you for your interest in the Arthur F. Burns Fellowship! We look forward to reviewing your application.
As a reminder, this application will be open until Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Final decisions will be communicated by April 1, 2023
Please note that you will be required to submit the following documents at the end of the application:
- Personal Letter - a one-page letter detailing your motivation in applying to the program, including three potential story ideas to pursue on the fellowship
- Work Samples - three professional work samples, which may be in any format (written, audio, video, etc.)
- Letter of Recommendation - a one-page letter from your editor that recommends you for the program
- Letter from Media Outlet - only for freelancers - a one-page letter from a media outlet that commits to publishing the work that you produce on this program
- Letter from Home Outlet - only for those pursuing Option 2 - a one-page letter from your home outlet that commits to publishing your project from the 5-6 week fellowship